Christmas this year will be a chance to catch up to friends and family, some of whom we have not seen for such a long time due to Covid restrictions
Although this is an exciting time of year, it can often be a difficult time if you are dealing with a hearing loss. Noisy environment, crowded rooms or lots of people chatting and laughing, can create challenges. So here are a few handy hints to reduce the frustration and have a merry Christmas.
- Choose seating carefully- determine which seat is best suited to your hearing loss and sit facing people that you want to communicate with
- Turn down the background noise ie music, TV
- Hold a conversation with just one person at a time, find a quite corner or room away from the noise
- Use your remote control to adjust your volume on your aids
- Enjoy some alone time throughout the day
- Ask people for their patience when you are having difficulty understanding
And most importantly enjoy this time with your loved ones !